Easy peasy no-bake lemon cheesecake
14 September 2023 10:45 am
Words - Tishaniya Seneviratne
- 250g packet Marie biscuits (or any other plain sweet biscuit)
- 200g butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature, chopped
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 385g can evaporated milk, chilled
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 85g packet lemon jelly crystals
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- 1 lemon rind finely grated
- Grease a 22cm (base size) round spring form pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and use a straight-sided glass to press firmly over base and 1cm up side of pan. Place in the fridge until firm.
- Use electric beater to beat the cream cheese in a bowl until smooth peaks arrive. Add the sugar and beat until combined.
- Use a clean electric beater to beat the evaporated milk in a separate bowl until light and fluffy (it will be frothy and have gradually increased in volume). Gradually add to the cream cheese mixture and beat until combined.
- Place the lemon juice in a medium measuring jug. Add the jelly crystals and stir until well combined. Add enough boiling water to make the mixture up to 1 cup in amount.
- Gradually add the jelly mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat until combined. Add the lemon rind and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the base. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight until the cheesecakeis firm.